Thursday, September 5, 2013

Kindles For Kinders

I don't really enjoy asking for help and it is very hard for me to admit I might need it.  I am at a point in the classroom where I have to reach out to my school families and the Wellsville community because we are in such dire need for updated technology in the classrooms.  I have three classroom computers for the children to use and those are the imacs (you know, those turquoise ones) that I think might have been produced around the late 1990's.  They don't keep up with the internet and we have no programs that work with them.

Enough about the negatives....now for the positives!  I have created a "project" on Donor's Choose, a site that encourages donations to a specific project.  I wanted to start, modestly.  I requested 3 Kindle Fire HD's that the kids can use to access the internet and some of academic apps, listen to stories, watch demonstrations and videos, and of course, take pics or have "face time" with pen pals and family/friends.  I am super excited about it.

Please take a few minutes and check it out athttp://www.donorschoose.org/mminshull .


Thank you!