Monday, December 17, 2012

A Day Like Any Other... and Yet Not...

I don't profess to have answers to questions that might arise after the profoundly sad Friday of last week. I could not bring myself to watch the news this weekend, it was too hard. I felt physically ill and helpless all at the same time. I made it through Monday with a very heavy, yet grateful heart. Sending my parents a simple note "...we're having a terrific day" was the message we all needed today. I know that I am writing what you have probably heard several times already but I still feel compelled to tell you that I will always be here for your child in school. You loan me your child for a few brief hours daily, I know that it is hard and sometimes scary. I will always do my best with each and every one of them and love them completely, and of course, hug them tightly. I need those hugs too.