Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Best Job In the Whole World....

Well, I know that you have heard me say this before but I can't tell you often enough how fortunate I am to work with my outstanding staff, wonderful families and those precious children! Each and every day I get to sing, dance, laugh out loud and igve and receive geniuine hugs and affection! I am still amazed, even after 29 years in education, that I actually get paid to do something that I love so much! I attended a flag football game last night and the two teams were both Wellsville teams. Someone approached me and asked me if I had "someone" on one of the teams. My answer was simple and without a second thought..."Yep, they are all my kids!" and that is exactly how I feel. Ah, this time of year things sure do get hectic! This weekend I plan to walk in a Energy For Life Walk-A-Thon at the T Bones stadium to help Zoe Kavan and her family bring awareness to Mitochondrial Disease...It is not much, not enough really, but every little effort we can make will eventually produce some results! Next weekend we have Wellsville Days and the little ones cheer at the local football game - always adorable! We have conferences, field trips, and on and on! I plan to help at a local restaurant, doing whatever I need to do to help raise money for our local Parent Teacher Orgnaization. TIPS ARE ENCOURAGED! I can't guanrantee that I won't talk your ear off or forget part of your order....but I do promise NOT to sample your food, no matter how tempting it is! I hope to see lots of friends there supporting our elementary school! Can't wait to share more pics of class soon....